Seaweed is a large algae that looks like a plant and grows in the sea. It is highly beneficial to our body in not just one but in many ways, here are the top % benefits of seaweed.
1. Seaweed has a very high nutrient value, much more than any vegetables that you get on land. Most importantly, seaweed has high amounts of iodine in addition to other micronutrients that are essential for a healthy body.
2. Omega 3 Fatty acids are not only restricted to fish, but these are also available in seaweed, which comes as a boon for vegetarians.
3. Kobmu, a particular type of seaweed, helps in assisting digestion.
4. Seaweed contains a lot of antioxidants which is needed to protect our body from oxidative stress and chronic diseases like cancer.
5. Most plants contain fiber; seaweed also contains fiber and other carbohydrates like fucan, galactan, and carrageenan which are essential for the body to digest food.
What we eat is what makes us, so adding seaweed to your diet will help and ensure that all the digestive juices in the stomach are intact and digestion takes place as it should in a healthy body. Add seaweed to your diet plan and lead a trouble free life.